Monday, April 12, 2010

Ponderings from my Balcony

I should be doing work, but the evening is too gorgeous to let slip by. I'm going to miss this balcony in a month and a half--must take full advantage of it now.

It's interesting how much gorgeous weather affects me. I get a jig in my step, and feel light and happy. (More than my usual light and happiness). I write poetry. It's difficult to attend class when the bright sunshine taunts me. He plays with my shoulders. I turn my face up to the sky, close my eyes and just breathe.

All the trees are in bloom right now. It doesn't even matter that my allergies are going crazy, that I can't breathe through my nose, and continually sneeze. Who cares about this tension headache!? It goes away when I lay in the grass, or ride my bike, or play soccer/frisbee. Maybe I'm allergic to the indoors.

I watch a plane blink lazily in the sky. My head is humming Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. Saint Louis is beautiful. I'm excited to live here this summer!

When I think about how fast college has flown by, I am amazed. It seems like only a few months ago I was a freshman! But at the same time, it seems far away. Time is weird that way. Spring semester sure does fly by, compared to Fall semester. I wonder why this is? I find it to be true every year. You practically blink when it's March and suddenly you've fast-forwarded to Spring, to mid-April. The pace of the world picks up back up, and I find myself with so much to do but so little time. And the little time I do have left is spent outside--I honestly can't get enough! Maybe someday I'll join a hippie commune so I can spend all my time outside loving on the weather and earth. That would be fantastic, but I wouldn't be saving the world. More on saving the world later.

Right now, this jazz music is helping my lazy mood.

No comments: