Sunday, August 1, 2010

Smart, Pretty, and Awkward

My dear friend Julia introduced me to a fantastic blog which has captured my attention. It's witty, wise, and pertinent to life, and I suggest checking it out when you get a chance. Here is the link: http://smartprettyandawkward.com/

Here are some of my favorites from smartprettyandawkward:

How to be (less) Awkward: If a boy takes you to the zoo, he likes you a lot. (truth. at least in my case. I adore anything outdoorsey, and what is cuter than a hot guy taking you to the zoo? Not much.)

How to be (less) Awkward: If you are going to have a facebook photo of you holding a small child, be sure to clarify in the caption whether the baby is yours, a niece/nephew, or a friend’s-to avoid confusion.

How to be Smarter: I really believe that one of the best compliments you can receive is “you’re fun.” Being called fun means that you are easygoing, reasonably humorous, cool to be around, social, chatty, and make others feel welcome and included. It is an all-in-one compliment. Trying to work to earn this compliment, and being generous in giving it out to those in your life who deserve it, is a great way to spend your days.

How to be Smarter: Don’t date boys that make a huge mess at the sugar/milk station at Starbucks and don’t clean it up themselves. People that make huge messes and expect someone else to clean it up, both at sugar/milk stations and in life, are to be avoided. (hahaha, I will NOT be someone's mother. unless, in fact, I actually AM their mother)

i also just really like this quote
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?” — Stephen Wright

Goodnight, dear reader. Here's to being smarter, prettier, and (less) awkward. Although I believe a little awkwardness is good for the soul.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree and PS: You are fun! Wanna go to the zoo with me?!