Wednesday, March 25, 2009

A poem...

I hear
Many songs
rushing flowing ebbing
intricate layers
untold loss heartache woe
inexplicable joy
the sun greets me
and the wind asks to dance
the tulips are still sleeping but growing closer to waking
the ocean, hundreds of miles away,
roars in my ears, and I can almost taste it
eyes
bright cheerful alive
red itchy tired broken
crying sleeping
a bloody nose
winking down from a velvet blue sky
the moon reminds me of Big Band music
I waltz alone
for the poor are too tired
the broken too busy
picking up the pieces of their lives
and i am an actor
open
letting the emotions flow freely within
and i am a dancer
tiptoeing
a dance upon eggshells
and i am a singer
crying
my blues into a deaf audience
and i am a painter
fresh
depicting what I know, what I wish
and i am a child
bold
awed by the freshness and ingenuity of life
and i am an old woman
wise
missing the past, scared of change, loss
and i am a poet
alive
capturing images and feeding them to my heart
and i am you
and we are an audience
demanding others to act
but we are the actors
stuck
the dancers, hiding
the singer, mute
the painter, forgotten
the young, afraid
the old, silent
the poet, lost
waiting for opportunity to come find us
yet missing him when he arrives in an unexpected hat
and the tulips sleep
and the songs soar
and my heart beats
and i am alive
i am an actor
and i waltz alone
come, dance with me, with the wind

No comments: