Sunday, July 5, 2009

If I could Fall into a Photograph

I would canoe the amazon
or experience an African safari,
complete with elephants and lions
photographs in National Geographic.
I'd like to live in the top of a New England lighthouse
or permanently in the Caribbean
in a tiki hut, surrounded by blues and greens, clear clear water, and sunshine

I'd fall into a memory
or
into a childhood dream

I'd visit the beauty of New Zealand
and the reefs along Australia

Perhaps I'll live in a quaint house
white picket fence
with 2 kids and a dog
1950's sundress and a new washer and dryer
or a 1920's flapper bar
my favorite kind of music and dancing
living in bright colors
lipstick and short bobs
reds and blacks and silver that pop
gray and sepia-colored to the rest of the world

I'd fall into the Garden of Eden
or a prairie, golden wheat waving in the wind as far as they eye could see

I'd live in eternal Spring
laughter all around me
the sweet sounds of Spring, and nature
bubbling around my ears

I'd like to be in the lush green forest
or horseback riding for miles on a field where we could just run
or sitting on the ground, playing with wiggly, squirming, adorable puppies
laughing until my sides hurt
or bursting with awe and wonder at my maker

I'd visit a Pirate ship
the Great Wall of China
be an astronaut in space, looking down on our beautiful planet
or climb Mount Everest
or dance in a tribal rain dance
or go someplace quiet, with you

If i could fall into a photograph,
I'd fall into a memory
or
a childhood dream

No comments: