Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Thoughts

I'm thinking about the way a certain headband makes me look like Cinderella
I'm thinking about college church and Andrew's message
I'm thinking about the way Jessa's laughter fills me with smiles
I'm thinking about the man I want to be married to
I'm thinking about high school
and theatre
drama
lightening bugs

I'm thinking about the way I try to avoid working out
make excuses
but once I actually do it, I like it

I'm thinking about SLU
teaching a class
being a freshman
and how it feels to be half-way done with college

what do I want to do with my life?

I'm thinking about life
and the sky
and the earth

my potted plants on the back porch, tiny toothpicks holding up the one stalk which might make it

I'm thinking about writing
my journal
the woman at CVS behind me in line
and her leopard print shirt

I'm thinking about camp, and Heather, and how much I love nature
little kids
and water

I'm thinking about Leah
summertime
the wonderful conversation with my father last night
all the poems inside me, waiting to be written
and the song I sing inside my head

No comments: