Saturday, April 18, 2009

Outdoors, take Three


There is nothing like playing outside on a beautiful spring day,
or climbing a mountain and gaping at the view
the sound of a brook rushing it's "good day"
a flower that's in love, in a hot affair with the beautiful clouds, or the blue of the sky
my toes wiggle in the sand, white, sugar, light
and the ocean plays with my heart, teasing me, playful.
Autumn's restless reaching twirls colors through the sky, gray,
and a crisp fall morning makes me yearn for those Appalachian mountains 
only a hop skip and jump away from home.
white water kayaking, 
horseback riding with that lover of mine, Eagle, who still thinks he is a youngster
when really, he's pushing 20 and should calm down already
my dog playing soccer and fetch
the pool, filled with my best friends shrieking, back from college,
picking up our high school friendships like nothing ever changed.
playing Ultimate with my dad's work friends, teasing them that I'm the only girl who plays,
despite the cold biting wind or unforgiving summer heat.
a warm summer night, gazing at the stars
soccer or ultimate on a soggy, drenched field
I am covered in grass and mud
Mom laments that the Georgia clay will never be removed, yet she tries to work her magic,
armed with Shout and other forms of chemical miracles
and I think about how I am an actor
always growing, learning, loving with wild abandon and the curiosity of a child
the smell after a thunderstorm
the ocean's roaring hello
the tiny bird's story
this is my world
hello, world


No comments: